The Church on the Bayou
Where EVERYONE is Welcome!
Pastor Lissa Bradford
Church service on Sunday at 10:30
409 Whitcomb Boulevard
Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
The Church on the Bayou is a welcoming and affirming Reformed/Reforming Presbyterian (USA) congregation which takes the Bible seriously through progressive, passionate worship and compassionate, generous service for peace and justice within the greater Tarpon Springs and global community.
Situated on Whitcomb Bayou in Tarpon Springs, our 5 acre site with lush vegetation and old oak trees provides peace and harmony with nature.
The Jack Westlake Memorial Garden
The Church on the Bayou was consecrated in 1888. In the early part of the 1900’s, the church had fallen on “hard times” and became “inactive.” In 1909 it was reactivated and by 1957, 128 members were recorded. The Sanctuary was built in 1966 and the “Fellowship” building in 1969. Our Wicks organ was dedicated in 2010. The Reverend Lissa Bradford served as the Stated Supply Pastor on a part-time basis beginning in 2020. During Covid, the church was “online” and continued to thrive. That year, The Church on the Bayou partnered with EMERGE, a new worshiping community in Pasco County.